Warn the children!

I have had this hairdryer for several years and have never noticed the wording on this tag. 

 
Now I understand that if they don't put warnings on things then somebody somewhere does something stupid and sues for damages and even though they're the idiot that did it...they win and the company pays (Like ya know, holding hot coffee between your legs then suing McDonalds because your an idiot...but I digress) 

So yeah, we live in a world of dumb warning tags and I do get that. What I don't get is the wording here. Not "supervise children with this device" or better yet "do not allow children to use". No, no...it says "warn children of the risk of death by electric shock" To heck with warning them about burns! Just warn them about death....and expect them to listen to what you say....because we all know children are so good at that!

While we're at it, I'm going to go way back to the beginning and question the sanity of the original idiot that decided to blow dry his (her?) hair in the bathtub and inspired these types of tags. Something tells me that braniac got the Darwin award that year!

~L

Comments